Irrespective of your financial or governance needs, our knowledge and expertise will help you to fulfil your objectives and maximise the benefit of your charity for its beneficiaries.
Hazlewoods Charities team provides a wide range of services to over thirty charitable bodies, ranging from small, grant-making trusts to well-known local and national charities. All members of our team – many of whom act as trustees – fully understand the special needs of this sector and make a point of getting to know each charity client.
We aim to become your confidants as well as trusted advisers, combining professional objectivity with a commitment to long-term relationships. Team members are always on hand to act as informal sounding boards.
As well as acting as trustees, many of our advisers have experience as accountants or managers within the not-for-profit sector. This valuable experience helps them to understand your unique issues from your perspective, enabling them to provide focused and relevant accounting, planning and other services.
Whenever you seek our advice you can be sure it will always be expert, relevant and up to date. For a full range of services provided and to see the team please see below.
A charity is not the only form of social enterprise, and UK law recognises seven different structures, each with its own characteristics, needs and regulations:
- Assistance with conversion process
- Independent Audit
- Independent Examination
- Responsible Officer duties
- Pensions annual return
- Assistance with fund raising strategies and grant applications
- Investment strategies and cash management
- Process improvements, management controls and risk reviews
- Gift Aid procedures and regulations
- Statutory Accounts Preparation and advice on accounting policies
- Management Accounts
- Book Keeping
- Business planning and budget setting
- Introduction to other specialist professionals
- Employee benefits and business protection
- Pension planning
- Helping with recruitment and HR
- Tax planning and compliance
- VAT planning and compliance
- Review and advice on the chart of accounts
- Advice on year end accounting and running the year end procedure
- Review of the Financial Procedures Manual to ensure it is in accordance with the Academies Financial Handbook